Problemes dels sense cor

dijous, 12 d’abril del 2012

Review: The Runaway Jury


I`ve recently read chapters 7 and 8 of The Runaway Jury, a novel written in 1996 by John Grisham. Fortunately, it’s been adapted to a short book for English students and I didn’t have to read the boring tome, because I’m sure I’d have died trying.
These two chapters might be the most interesting of all I’ve read till now. Despite the boredom inside the story line, we find action and the pace of events is faster. There’s an accident and the involvement of the FBI. And we get to know more about two mysterious characters, Marlee and Nicholas Easter.
We also discover that there is a big corrupted world behind the tobacco company. What an obvious surprise! That’s why the story is not intriguing at all. So, I couldn’t change my aims to throw it out. I mean, there’s no fun in seeing a trial case. And it’s stupid to read about a fake case, it’s even more boring than a real one. There’re lots of obvious declarations and that means nothing to the readers, except for wasting their time.
The main thing I ask for is someone to sympathise with, but they just don’t appear. If someone dies for smoking they deserved it. If someone sues for that, they’re stupid. And who is judged is evil, but we can’t do anything because this is all Government’s fault. If it had been  included in the plot maybe it’d have been some entertainment, but it wasn’t. So I don’t care what’s going to happen next.
All in all, I’d only recommend the book if you don’t mind reading a boring story without any sense or you are a law student. What’s more, I’d strongly advise you not to waste your time on it unless you suffer from insomnia. It can be a cure!

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada